Weird French Notions

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:41:48 -0500

Must have been Tony's visit that unhinged them: not used to such an influx of charismatic wisdom... :-)

Xavier writes:

> I think the only problem is that there's nothing really new about
> Glorantha.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Visit <http://www.tang.demon.co.uk/TOTRM/front.html> and read the "products" page.

Or read the ads on the back covers of "Tales", and/or the "Zines Seen" column and new product announcements inside.

> Right now, the only sources, good or not, are mainly old sources.

Like the "Glorious ReAscent" (1994), "Fortunate Succession" (1995), "Entekosiad" (1996): all of them certainly debated to death, w/ no contentious issues or scenario-fodder left unexplored, ho hum...

> Glorantha needs new issues, new material, new events. More adven-
> tures, more background, more details. More facts and more fictions.

May I suggest a subscription to "Tales of the Reaching Moon"? You'll get a couple of issues a year, bulging with new material, adventures, fact and fiction, cult writeups, new product details, articles by Greg and Sandy and MOB and plenty of others, etc.

> The possibilities of exchange between "our gloranthas" will become
> less and less plausible as time goes by and the debates (and thus,
> the Digest...) will become more and more pointless because the
> common ground will disappear.

You mean that no consensus ever emerges from the proceedings on this Digest? No illumination, no insight, no common understanding? You are a sad and gloomy fellow. I am willing to bet you'd have posted exactly the same post five years ago, or ten, or fifteen, predicting the End of the World if present trends continue. And we're still here, filling a mailing list with informed and informative, game-directed debate.

Cheerfully,

::::
Nick
::::