Re: OOP material

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:21:54 +0200 (MET DST)

In the discussion about OOP material I have to agree with those who'd like to see reprints/official xeroxing/whatever. I can't help it, but having people telling us youngsters how little we really need the OOP stuff anoys me. No offence, but that is for us to decide. I've been on this digest for 3 years now, and a single reference or name can still throw me off any line of argument. Of course I can get good answers to questions here on the digest (as with my Lambril question. Thanks guys). But answers like that will never let me participate in the discussions, just know what you are talking about. And the OOP sources are just as important when it comes to knowing what questions to pose. This is a distiction I feel is lost to those 'who are in the know' because problems/questions are so obvious when you have read the material. Things are not so obvious for those who havent read it.

Personally I don't want it all. I just want a couple of items that will be central to my campaing, or campaingns I have planned. First of all The Cradle scenario might be a linear 'river-bash' but it is still a titanic event in any praxian campaign. It might focus on rules and combat but it has still got those 'little things' that might open doors of understanding. It might be gregged, so what? There are plenty of sources that points back to it. It is an very important piece of tha jigsaw-puzzle that is prax. And here too I could have made up something myself, but doing it well, doing it in a reflected manner presupposes that I have access to it. I can only ignore things comfortably when I know what I'm ignoring. For the same reasons I would like to have Griffin Mountain.

In light of this the following initiative gets my unconditional admiration and support:

> From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
>
> RE: xeroxing old out-of-print Glorantha materials
> I hereby publicly grant permission to Issaries Inc. to xerox
> anything Gloranthan of mine in print or to grant permission for others
> to do so. In return, I ask for no royalties of any kind, whether or not
> I'm entitled to them.
> Sandy Petersen
>
> P.S. I realize that far more permission than my own is required for
> this, but a start must be made somewhere.

Bravo, bravo!!

Frank Rafaelsen
Homo Ludens