Harrek, the Dork and the Soon-to-be-deceased Broo.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:34:24 +1200 (NZST)

Brandon Brylawski:

spake of the Genertela cover.

>It was my understanding that Harrek's opponent was the Broo of the Black Pus,
>a Broo heroquestor of considerable power, perhaps even good enough to
>give Harrek a workout.

The Broos (plural) of the Black Pus are a mythic foe of the God Learners (mentioned in p25 of the Genertela Book 1). The circumstances of their appearance is vague but I get the feeling that it's a known heroplane hazard (like the wild hunt) rather than a single heroquester.

>The Dork may be Argrath.

That was my impression also. For reasons why I called him a dork see below.

Andre Jarosch:

>Of course we see Harrek, the most famous Wolfpirate fighting an Ralzakark.
>The dork aiding him is IMHO Argrath himself (have you seen the blue glowing
>sword; may be it is Ormsword?).

Well spotted! I didn't make the connection. My main problem with the piccie is that Argrath looks like a generic thief drawn by the Artists of TSR (tm). If I were a barbarian ready to fight against the lunars, the appearance of that fellow would give me great cause for concern.

IMO Argrath looks more barbaric yet has a hint of civilization about him - like Attila the Hun, say.