Rare RQ: ToTRM

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:35:53 -0500 (EST)

Speaking of OOP and essential Gloranthan materials -- how about Tales of the Reaching Moon?

I managed to read a couple of the earlier issues, but (d'oh!) didn't buy them at the time. For three, four years I've begged on usenet, regularly checked sources of used gaming materials and even considered attempts to blackmail my friends for 'em. ("What, drive you to the hospital? Fork over the issue with Maran Gor, and I'll think about it. Hey, don't whine -- you've got a lot more blood where that's coming from.") I've never been able to find an issue! I actually found it easier to buy Pavis and Griffin Moutnain than the Humakti Special (which I still don't have!)

I've heard that RMM occasionally sells a "Best of" pack (photocopied rather than printed?) at the Cons. Any chance it could be sold through the mail? 'D be a great help for people that are new to the game and couldn't get it then, or who didn't think to get it then.

It's a tribute to RMM that no one in their right mind seems to want to part with their old issues on the web or to used gaming stores. Aggravating for selfish me, but a tribute for them...

James Frusetta