RE: maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:32:53 -0600

Stephen Martin says of Flesh Man on the LBQ:
> he can be seen as the tanist, the sacrifice needed to allow the
> quest to continue at some point.

        Not so. Flesh Man accompanies the quest all the way through. Though he does die in order to get into Hell, so do all the other quest participants.

Jonathan Coxhead
>A while ago, I asked about the 6 Great Steeds of Prax, and the 22
Lesser Steeds

        I didn't see that posting, but it is my belief that the 6 Great Steeds and 22 Lesser Steeds are individual animals, not categories. Thus, one of the lesser steeds would doubtless be "Home", the strange mount of Jaldon Toothmaker. Another would be the steed attributed to Tada (note: it is my own belief that Tada "in reality" was not mounted, but that the animal nomads believe he was, because how else could he be a warrior?).

Cover of Genertela Book
>Unfortunately this nice neat picture is ruined by the information
>that one Oddi the Keen is the slayer of Ralzakark and ilk.

  1. The broo on the cover of the Genertela book is not Ralzakark (the big R has a unicorn head, as all know. He also has no overt chaos features.)
  2. *secret* the broo leader slain by Oddi the Keen in Paulis Longvale's notes is not Ralzakark. Ralzakark is blamed for most all the bad things to come out of Dorastor, because he is just about the only name known to outsiders. Now, what was going on in the Longvale story was definitely a real Dorastor plot, and a terrible threat to the Bilini lands, and Oddi's campaign ending with the death of the broo leader was a mighty victory, but the guy wasn't Ralzakark.

Nils Weinander
>Sandy, who Just Knows

        As is my periodic habit, I hereby once more make an official claim to be fallible. Caveat emptor.