re: OOP material

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 17:28:12 +0100

[a little Borderland spolier here]

Having been in the position of not having this stuff, and complaining *very* loudly about it, and now having it, I do actually think it's more important than some people realise.

Like I said a lot in the past, it's not the scenarios, it's the campaign information that matters.

I'll give an example:

Borderlands contains 7 scenarios, the first of which seems pretty innocuous. However:

What immediately struck me as I read it was an incident where the newly arrived Duke Raus (sp?) has two newtlings publicly executed (their heads and tails cut off) for spying. Furthermore the incident is witnessed by at least one other newtling.

It's pretty much the first thing he does in the area, and definately sets the tone for the relationship between the newtlings and Raus (and possibly Lunars? and Humans?).

Now I think this is campaign information.

Someone could counter that it doesn't really matter if you run the Grantlands area with the exciled Lunars friendly or antagonistic towards the newtlings (or morokanth, agimori, etc). I would rather know what was intended than make it up myself. It still leaves plenty of room to develop ideas.

I would like to see all campaign content distilled out of the OOP stuff and stuck up on the Glorantha web site. A statement explaining the execution is probably all that's needed from those 4 OOP pages.

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com