My little corner of the Empire...

From: K. Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 18:49:14 -0500

Yet more musings on Talastar and the Empire -

Peter Metcalfe writes...

> How about he goes into the Cleft in an attempt to loot it. He
> comes out furious that there's nothing there and the locals
> immmediately hail him as the Wolfbear?

Gasp! Now THIS I can see happening! <laugh> Seems more like a false fulfillment, but it would make for some mighty interesting roleplaying. I could see the above event being hailed as the comming of the WolfBear while the *real* event quitely escapes notice until its almost too late...

> The Charggi are not Orlanthi. They've more in common with Storm
> Bull.

Ah, I thought they were typical hill barbarians before the closing. Do you have a source for more detail on these people? All I have are little quips hinting at problems for Carmenia.

Sandy Petersen maunders...

> Now, what was going on in the Longvale story was definitely a real
> Dorastor plot, and a terrible threat to the Bilini lands, and
> Oddi's campaign ending with the death of the broo leader was a
> mighty victory, but the guy wasn't Ralzakark.

Nooo!! ;) What does it take to kill that guy? I thought it was a good death. He kept coming back until Oddi used the wyrd of the sword to kill him at the expense of his own life. Pity.

Is Ralzakark actually some lurking demi-god hold up deep within the Demon Plateau? How many unicorn headed broo heros are there? Still, he has been "killed" in the past, and probably will again. I have to admit a prejudice against Argrath and/or Harak getting *all* the credit for everything that happens in the future history. I prefer the thought that Argrath is too busy to bother with little ole' Talastar. ;)

As if this post weren't long enough, I have a new question. White Moon Cults. MOB (I think) wrote about a big temple to the White Moon somewhere along the Oslir river in TotRM 16. The Razoress wastes a bit of time "debating" the cultists sometime in the 1620's (my Lore Library is at home - forgive the lack of detail). How widespread and powerful *is* this movement? What teachings is it based on? Where can I find more info! I am a greedy student. :)

Getting lost in my own myth...
K.Paul McDonald