Ralzakark

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 19:32:56 +1200 (NZST)

Sandy Petersen:

Me>>Unfortunately this nice neat picture is ruined by the information
>>that one Oddi the Keen is the slayer of Ralzakark and ilk.

> 1) The broo on the cover of the Genertela book is not Ralzakark
>(the big R has a unicorn head, as all know. He also has no overt chaos
>features.)

By Ralzakark, I was talking about Ralzakark of the Scorpion Arm who is mentioned in Dorastor:Land of Doom and also shown on the cover of Drastic: Chaos (as well as the Unicorn Headed R). Dan Barker appears to think that when Paulis Longvale writes about Ralzakark being slain twice 'in one melee' by Oddi the Keen, he slew the Unicorn and the Scorpion Arm at the conclusion of Hahlgrim's War.

IMO I think the Scorpion Arm was slain at the conclusion of Hahlgrim's War by Oddi who went on to slay the Unicorn at his Doom. How the other forms of Ralzakark (such as his face and Votasador the Replicator) fit into this is unknown and I am left with the possibility that Ralzakark survives Oddi's Doom with the loss of a major incarnation.

> 2) *secret* the broo leader slain by Oddi the Keen in Paulis
>Longvale's notes is not Ralzakark.

Not really a big secret as it's mentioned in Dorastor: Land of Doom (cf p17 in the box Hahlgrim's War).