Tales reprints and the Anglo-French crisis

From: Richard Meints <rmeints_at_ford.com>
Date: 02 Apr 1998 05:37:36 -0500

Hello,
to: glorantha_at_chaosium.com

Back issues of Tales being hard to find...
Definitely the truth. Issue 1 had a print run of 240 and issue 2 was only 200. Almost all of these were bought by the English rather quickly. The Reaching Moon megacorp has done limited official copies and sold them at Convulsion in 96 and in Chicago in 97. David Gadbois used to sell official photocopies in the states when he was the Tales US distributor. When "Best of Tales", which covers issues 1-6, comes out this summer it should satisfy some of the demand for the back issues.

The truth about photocopying is shocking...
Not really. Most of us have always known it happens. Many of us have done it. I don't feel I've learned anything new about the situation. Whether it happens more or less in one country or another doesn't make it any more right or wrong. No reason to dwell on it.

Laurent feels I don't understand him...
Call it a huge assumption, but I believe I do understand his frustration. It was a long time before I was able to buy several Gloranthan items that other Gloranthaphiles had and I really wanted (even though there wasn't much in them). My offer to try and help find out-of-print items for people still stands. Two people looking is better than one.

I found it interesting that Laurent and I are the same age (31).

Free advert...

The German RQ Con is quickly approaching. It has a real cool list of events, freeforms, and seminars for Gloranthans of all ages. It even has an auction that has prices that are close to reasonable. I'll buy a drink for every Frenchman who makes the trip and is a first timer to the con. Contact Fabian Kuechler for details on the con. Contact me for details on the free drink. The Con is May 29th to June 1st, 1998. Bacharach is very close to the french-German border.

Take Care,
Rick Meints, Education, Training & Development, 8-737-2126 Mobile: 0976-686-454 Internet: RMeints_at_e-mail.com