Headhunters

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:01:11 +1200 (NZST)

Madam X:

>I am currently doing up a timeline for a campaign & need to know when the
>Head Hunter unit in WBRM first appears.

It's one of the tribal units in the Sartar Army that opposes Fazzur's attempts to reconquer Sartar after the Rise of the Brown Dragon. Thus it was part of the Kingdom of Sartar of Old. I think it's the Dinacoli tribe although RQA#5 claims an Engoli Tribe as the culprits.

IMO the tribe has long standing traditions. Cults of Terror speaks of Than himself hunting heads in Snakepipe Hollow and a Brain Looters is mentioned as being foes of the EWF. I think after the Dragonkill, the Dinacoli moved into their homeland and found this ancient temple and resanctified it.