Re: "Official"

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 14:35:26 -0500

Simon writes:

> You could say that Chaosium products are "official", but what
> about Snow King's Bride or Scorpion Hall?

Or, for that matter, "Bad Medicine for Doctor Drugs"? After all, like SKB and SH it is plainly non-Gloranthan -- though not advertised  as such, so maybe that makes it *more* Gloranthan...

> Karse is Gloranthan, or is based in Glorantha.

Rubbish. There is a city in Glorantha called "Karse"; the line of least resistance and most Game Fun is to adapt the non-Gloranthan, non-RQ but rather good port-city supplement "Carse" (by Midkemia printed by Chaosium) for local use. It is *not* based in Glorantha, and contains *no* Gloranthan content.

> What about fanzines? Is Tales official?

No, and it says so at the start of most issues (in the small print):

: ... none of the contents should be regarded as official unless : otherwise stated ...

A paranoiac might assume that when we (accidentally) omit this disclaimer,  we *are* suddenly rendered "Official", but it would be an unusual line to take, to say the least.

::::
Nick
::::