Re: Hero Wars Scenarios on the Web

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:53:08 -0800

>I think Shannon has said that scenarios usually don't sell as good as rule-
>and core-books. Why not systematically publish a reasonable number of
>scenarios on the Glorantha website?

We'll be following something like the Pendragon model: combined background/adventure books. The tenative first books are Sartar, Heortland, and Esrolia--each should have 3 or 4 scenarios. (My outline for Heortland makes just under 50% of the book scenarios.)

I would not expect to see totally new scenarios from us on the web, as that time could be better spent genuinelly publishing totally new scenarios.

>Why not have a fan-driven scenario site with fan-authored scenarios? I'd
>write scenarios for it.

That I'd be very happy to see. If our fans would be excited about authoring scenarios for Hero Wars for our web page, solely for the reward of seeing them name in lights (not blinking lights though... those look tacky) we'd be exceedingly happy to edit them and make them available from the Official Glorantha Site.

Shannon