Eiritha Hills

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 15:53:51 +1200 (NZST)

Richard Develyn:

Me>>The Eiritha hills are hills (no worse than the ones in Wales) and not
>>practically impassable mountains.

>Are you sure about this?

>The first was RofC, which at one point calls them Eiritha Mountains. The
>map also definately gives the impression of there being passes through
>the things (one seems to end in the middle of nowhere).

The Pavis City Guide gives the following heights for various hills in the Eiritha Hills: Eyebrow 450m, Old 500m, Listener 650m and three unnamed hills at 450m, 300m and 400m. Yizkoz, Hosar and Valasa are said in Borderlands to be 600m, 580m and 650m respectively. These are not very high! A few are said to be unclimable but that does not mean the rest are nor does it prohibit passage between the hills.

The 'passes' on the map are paths indicating tracks for people to walk or ride on. One can leave these paths to walk anywhere IMO.
>The second (which I can't find again), described Eiritha Hills as:

>a) thought to cover the sleeping body of Eiritha herself,

Eiritha is buried elsewhere AFAIK and this does not in of itself require that the territory be impassable. The major reason why the place is so important to Eritha is that the Bull's Bollocks is there.