French codex n01 vol 1

From: llabrot <labrot.laurent_at_hol.fr>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:43:07 +0100

Having explained that i will not write on the past subject, having stated my position, i just write to precise a few points and precise actions that are actually taken by french gamers

First, concerning auctions, afer asking a law autority, i can just tell you that they are totally illegal in France today. You have not the right, without comissaire priseur licence, to organise an auction everywhere in France, in a Convention, or online. If the auction is organised in a Convention (we asked ten years ago for the big RPG Con in Grenoble) any police autority can forbid it, and ask for a fee corresponding 50% of the value of the sales products if discovered in action, or after. Even the buyers can have problems.. with the tax ministry.. Online, the situation is more complicated, if the seller is french, he had no right to organise the auction, and risk the same fee, if the seller is out of France, the lucky buyer must pay a % of the paiement to the tax service, and even a fee if he doesn't declare the situation. So, even if the online situation can be ignored, you will not see any Con in France with auction, and i've asked a frend of mine about the european situation. It seems that Italy had the same restriction, i dont know for Germany and England, but my frend tell me that an european law is prepared on the subject...

Concerning french products, i'm not only here to say some thruth and find a solution to obtain legal old material for normal price. A mail ask me why french gamers had nothing to offer to the others, and state that french alway's argue, but do nothing for others. I must admit that this point of view, even if it's a bit unfear (Runequest material is 95% in english) is not false, and i've speak with frends to do something for the readers of this list.

First, we will ask Oriflam (French translator) if he accept to sell or give (photocopy right) the colored maps of Generthela and trolls territory. (we have a Dorastor map too but i'm not sure that it was not given in the english version, anybody can answer here). If we have a positive answer, anybody can purchase, obtain, theses masterpieces.

Second, the french zines are all dead... or i will gladly have some news of Broo in particular... but we will try to contact creators to obtain the right to photocopy, if the past issues are not available. (ok, you must read french here)

Third, people write to me for the french boardgame, it is alway's availlable at 230FF in many french shops. (English rules inside)

Amicalement
Laurent labrot