Re: Stoicism in the face of OOP?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:08:52 EST

Tal Meta:

<<This begs a question I don't remember seeing asked about HW/GTG... will
there be any portablity between existing RQ characters/scenarios and the new game system? (i.e. will the new game system bear at least as much BRP blood as say, Nephilim?) >>

     Although I didn't specifically ask this question of Greg when he was on AOL (since he hadn't read the HW rules at the time!) it was made clear that HW is a completely new system, and resembles RQ less than, say Pendragon does - I don't know anything about the Nephilim rules, so I can't say with regard to that. I think its reasonable to assume that conversion will not be easy, although probably not back-breakingly difficult. I think its also fair to say that conversion rules will be posted on the web not long after the HW rules are released (if not before!) - even if there isn't anything on www.glorantha.com, somebody somewhere is going to post their own versions on their web-pages.

<<Also, is Issaries taking investors yet?>>

     No. Although Issaries does now exist as a company, they have to wait for permission from the California authorities before being able to sell shares. Around five weeks ago, Greg estimated this should take five weeks to complete, so hopefully we shouldn't have too long to wait. Judging from what's happened so far, Issaries will probably e-mail potential investors once everything's ready to go - provided you've registered your interest and given them your email  address of course! If you haven't, you can do so from www.glorantha.com.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky