Eiritha Hills

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 09:46:19 +0100

Peter writes:

> The Pavis City Guide gives the following heights for various
> hills in the Eiritha Hills: Eyebrow 450m, Old 500m, Listener
> 650m and three unnamed hills at 450m, 300m and 400m. Yizkoz,
> Hosar and Valasa are said in Borderlands to be 600m, 580m and
> 650m respectively. These are not very high! A few are said to
> be unclimable but that does not mean the rest are nor does it
> prohibit passage between the hills.

> The 'passes' on the map are paths indicating tracks for people
> to walk or ride on. One can leave these paths to walk anywhere
> IMO.
Point taken. However this is still Prax, so they wont be the green rolling hills of England, more like the sheer barren hills you find in somewhere like Greece (or Colorado?). 300m is enough to make something unpassable - after all, the rise from the River of Cradles up to the western plateau is only 300m, and there's only two routes up into that.

(Actually, I've just thought those heights can't be "above sea level", or the 300m hill would be flat as a pancake).

My geography isn't that good - but isn't the reson we have rolling hills due to the fact that they're grassy, and the grass sort of binds them together?

I have just noticed the Vizkutz mountains are there as well.

I wish I could remember where I read that bit about needing guides.

> Eiritha is buried elsewhere AFAIK and this does not in of itself
> require that the territory be impassable. The major reason why
> the place is so important to Eritha is that the Bull's Bollocks
> is there.

Sounds like a good name for an ale, "Bulls Bollocks".

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #522