Convulsion '98 - Last Chance for Residential Bookings

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 11:13:09 +0100

                       Convulsion 98

                   24th to 26th July 1998

             College Hall, Leicester University

Events start on Friday 6pm and go on until around midnight Sunday.

Latest update - Greg Stafford & MOB are confirmed,

                 saddly Sandy Petersen can't get the time off.
                 However Ken Rolston is now coming.

Exciting New Stuff - Robin Laws - author of Glorantha the Game will be our guest and will be demoing the new Gloranthan RPG.

Hi All

I know that quite a few of you have already signed up, but for those who haven't done so yet and want to come.

We must close residential bookings next Tuesday (14th April).

So if you want to come and want to take advantage of the residential offer you had better get in contact with me ASAP. After this date residential places will only be available through people dropping out (an extremely rare event).

Remember this is very good value (3 nights B&B for 50 pounds) plus the added advantage of only having to crawl back a few yards when the bar closes (and not having to worry about alcohol limits).

Cheers

        Lewis

                             Convulsion
                         The Next Generation

                       College Hall, Leicester
                       24th to 26th July, 1998

                 England, the final gaming frontier.  =

            This is the continuing Convention that boldly
            goes where no convention has gone before.

                       This episode features:

                           Greg Stafford
                 as the legendary Glorathan commander =

                      (with all his own hair)

                          Sandy Petersen
                  as the Cthuloid Science Officer =

                    (with none of his own hair)

                         Michael O'Brien
                   as the MGF lovable tribble =

           (hairsuit or hirsute, that is the question)

                               ****

                Gasp at the decadent splendour of =

             The Life of Moonson Gloranthan freeform.

             How many Quatloos will the gamesters bet =

             on the winner of the Mythos tournament?  =

        Find out which of the security team will not return =

          from the next mission to the Cthulhu homeworld.

        Find out all the latest gossip from planet Chaosium.

                             ********

               Book now to avoid disappointment!  =

This is an action-packed and fully interactive programme with: =

freeforms, seminars, panels, free gaming, tournaments, singing, eating, drinking, the Auction, and every other decadent pleasure your mind can imagine (and your body can perform), all packed into a tense and fast-paced weekend. Events commence on Friday evening, and the Con formally closes on Sunday evening (though there are "informal" last-night social events afterwards).

                 What the critics said:
   "I've never had a Convulsion like it" - Sad Trekkie Monthly
       "Makes Voyager look like an epic" - The Lonely Lozenge

The Convention is limited to 250 places. Rooms at the Convention will cost:

and include a hearty English breakfast with that special regional =

delicacy - fried bread. However, we only require a 10 ukp (nonrefundable)  room deposit now, in addition to your membership fee.

There will be a nominal charge for the larger freeform games, to to cover the printing costs, graft and suchlike. =

In order to sponsor the trip for Greg, Sandy and MOB we have created =

the Teelo Norri Poor Box, for which we will gratefully accept any =

donations (either money or games to be sold at the auction). =

Because of licensing laws, attendance is limited to those who will =

be 18 or over at the time of the Convention. There is no admission =

on the door, so please book as soon as possible to guarantee your =

place. Return the form below to:

  Lewis Jardine
    CONVULSION

      43 Windermere
        Liden
          Swindon
            WILTS
              SN3 6JZ

           United Kingdom

  email: jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk

 Name: ___________________________    Membership Information:

 Badge Name: _____________________    Residential      [ ] (30 ukp)

 Address: ________________________    (includes =A310 non-refundable

__________________________________    room deposit)

__________________________________    Non-Residential  [ ] (30 ukp)

 Postcode: _______________________    Teelo Norri Poor Box:

 Telephone: ______________________    ________________________ ukp
                                        =

 Email: __________________________    (thank you kindly Guv'nor)
                                        =

 I would like to run the following       I enclose a cheque/PO for: =

                                        =

 _________________________________    Made payable to "Convulsion"

 Special Requirements (food etc.): I will be over 18 =

 _________________________________    I agree to have my membership =

 Signature: ______________________    information stored on a =

 Date:____________________________    computer database. =

- --------------6C52DE9416--