Re: ONSLAUGHT does Thomas Hardy

From: Tony Likhite <tlikhite_at_together.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 17:03:47 +0000

It was great to see another Onslaught story. "Hello, mum." - I love it!

However, to what extent would that really work for a Humakti? For an oldtime backwoods Sartarite clansman, I'd think it couldn't - everyone would view the person as truly severed, and forever cut off from family and friends.

What about a more cosmopolitan family, though? Would they see things the same way, or would "severing family ties" be more of a formality that could be discreetly ignored for family reunions, birthdays, and the like?