various musings

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:53:49 +1200 (NZST)

Alex Ferguson:

JB>> Ok. I happen to believe in a model of "crystal spheres" which carry the
>> various stellar objects.

>This is also the explanation that GRAY alludes to the Lunar Materialists
>favouring, BTW. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Surely all Lunar Astronomers regardless of religious persuasion believe in the Crystal Spheres. It was a relevation of TakenEgi as taught by Korkeros.

Sandy Petersen:

> Disrupt -- I would have killed one (1) cockroach over the week
>with this. I killed it anyway, but had to get up from my chair.

Presumably Sandy would need another spell to avoid his house becoming filled with dead cockroaches if he wants to kill the vermin without leaving his chair to dispose of the corpses?

Joerg Baumgartner;

Me>>I think the hills would be fertile if Eiritha is buried underneath there.

>Well, most of them counts as Winter Fertile (i.e. chaparral in Summer, lush
>in wet season), except the Fertile Ground in a circle around the Paps. I'm
>not familiar with steppe or savannah climate from first hand, but doesn't
>the lush greenery in wet season imply that the rootwork remains even if the
>parts above ground wither and welt away?

It's wouldn't be unusual IMO as going by my local experience, the lawn turns golden brown during the summer and turns green come autumn. Prax is a lot drier in the winter however.