Red Emperor

From: Nikk Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:39:59 +0100

>Looking through the much-improved lore library (congrats!), I notice that
>noone knows where the Emperor gets to for the seventh day of recharging the
>Empire at the change of the wane. Is this one of the seven Q Greg won't
>answer? It seems a great chance for someone to do a 'Jareel' and ambush,
>on the spirit/godplane, a societies leader. Of course, the problem is
>where *is* the emperor, and that to get to where he is may require you to be
>as advanced in the lunar way as he is.

The Emperor dissappears every seventh day? Does he? I never knew this?

I s'pose he goes to His Mother's Manse on the Red Moon, as he can teleport there using the Arm of the Moon which he carries with himself. Ambushing him Jar-Eel style would take some skill, actually catching him on the way there would be impossible (unless the Orlanthi developed some Star Trek style rune spell to intercept teleports : ) and ambushing him when he WAS there would be more difficult than killing him in the City of Dreams. I think that the Manse may be where the Egi are. and so if you slew the Emperor, all the Egi and whatever sources of magic used to regenerate the Emperor, he would never again return to life.

Off hand I can't remember how he dies in KoS.

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/

    "If absolute power corrupts absolutely,