Post Red Moon Glorantha

From: Rodney Smith <remster_at_interport.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 01:42:40 -0400

Hello, all!

Yes, Idon't own any of the Stafford works (KOS, et al.), but I'm curious as to the exact effects of what happened *after* the events of King of Sartar. I doubt that the civilization of the Pelorian basin just upped and died with the (apparent) destruction of the Red Goddess. How would have Pelorian culture have changed with the destruction of the Goddess and religion that guided and embodied Pelorian (and later, Carmanian) culture for 400 plus years? Would the associated lunar demi-gods and hero cults have also survived? Would there perhaps be small 'moonlets' of debris still in the middle air, allowing lunar spirits and minor deities to survive? What would have (has had) happened to the government of the Lunar Empire?

I feel that this would perhaps be one of the most exciting times to adventure in Glorantha, as the region of Central Genertela would be working through the fallout of the destruction of the Red Goddess. Depending on what the events are that lead to the Illiteracy era, this could actually be one huge 'blank event'. Even though Rufelza would be gone, her empire is not. Is the Red Goddess truly destroyed, or merely transformed? Would new rune cults arise to reflect this change? Would the established government of the Lunar Empire revert back to the old solar Yelmic worship system, yet retain the advances of the Empire, or split apart?

Another thing to think about in this Blank Event is what's happening on Argrath's side. Would there now be a re-exploration of the old Wyrmish draconic secrets, now melded into Orlanthi myth, as opposed to juxtaposed to it, back in the days of the EWF? Would the new kingdom of Argrath be united, or would the feuds between clans start up again? what about the fate of the Holy Country? I've always wanted to run a rune-level adventure that would result in a grand heroquest to restore Pharoah, a la the Lightbringer's Quest. And what of the Kingdom of War? If Seshnela falls, will the Theist lands of Central Genertela be next?

Show me your wisdom and thoughts, digesters.

Chris Bell - an old newbie :)