French collective resolution

From: llabrot <labrot.laurent_at_hol.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:05:46 +0100

Having stated that i was against the auction system, many can consider, after reading the last message of Dany Bourne, that i'm quite illogical, offering a lot of cash for a Pavis box. The problem is that i was against any participation to this auction at the begining, having clearly stated that this operation is illegal in france, and that the final offer (more than 150$ was beyond any logic for me. But i'm not alone, being member of a big french club, with almost twenty Runequest players, i follow democracy. Infact, it was decided to make a gift to Jean Durupt, well know member of this digest, a French old player who search Pavis Box for more than ten years now (He had not the luck of people here for founding old material at low prices...) and the majority of players stated that an offer should be made, each willing to give an equal amount of cash for the purchase.
After the vote, i was in minority, and decided to make an offer to Danny, respecting the majority decision. that's all folk's

So, i just say that it cost less than 10$ to each of us, and that Danny respect the process of auction...
I can just tell that we are proud to make this gift to Jean, but having payed less than 10$ myself, i can not be considered as a mister suitcase... Knowing that the best offer after us was up tu 150$, i can just tell to certain people here to reconsider the prices results of such auctions in their next messages on the subject...

About France, having read on the digest the publication of news products, i just say that many french gamers are happy to know that Didier Escodemaison is now in charge of the TRM and CS products, and will do a great job, even creating a Runequest magazine (but i just let him write here on the subject)

amicalement
Laurent & Frends