Re: Argrath vs the Telmori; after the Lunars

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:02:03 -0800

Thomas Gottschall

> Can anybody explain why the Telmori, normally extremely loyal to the
> Kings of Sartar, fight against Argrath instead of supporting him like
> their oaths would demand ?

An obvious answer is that his legitimacy is not quite so clear as it seems once he's won (and gets to write the histories).

Chris Bell

> what happened *after* the events of King of Sartar

I think this is speculation for anyone, even Greg Stafford... It seems likely the Empire was taken over a couple times: "At this time the Lunar Empire changed its name. It was called the Good Empire." and later "With new leaders it got new powers...called itself the New Moon Empire." The first might simply be a new Red Emperor, the second seems more suspicious. But I think the end result is as in Argrath's Saga: "The mighty empire broke up as its powerful leaders vied for control of its wealth and power."

Now the Empire is made up of several nations, most of which at one point or another were quite mighty. I'm sure the Carmanians would be quite happy to try to take over everything, or the Dara Happans, or... The first priority would probably be independence. Maybe Naveria can rise again as a land!

> I feel that this would perhaps be one of the most exciting times to
> adventure in Glorantha, as the region of Central Genertela would be
> working through the fallout of the destruction of the Red Goddess.

Seems reasonable to me. There would certainly be political turmoil already, and any change in the Red Moon is going to cause religious turmoil as well.