Telmori Answer?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 21:15:13 +0100

Thomas Gottschall asks

>Can anybody explain why the Telmori, normally extremely loyal to the
>Kings of Sartar, fight against Argrath instead of supporting him like
>their oaths would demand ? It's still a mistery for me.

A few possibilities spring to mind.
1) The Telmori swore their Oaths to Sartar (and his bloodline), in return for Sartars promise to help them negate Talor's Curse. If the Telmori don't recognise Argrath as being Sartars descendant then I don't think theu would be bound by the other Sartarite tribes accepting him as their king.

2) The Sartarite tribes are not particularly sympathetic to their werewolf brothers, whilst the Lunar way is famously open to all - The Lunars may have managed to persuade the Telmori they had a better future by embracing the red moon.

3) As an amplification to point 2, Lunar Illuminants may have been active amongst the Telmori (They could certainly have had fairly easy access to Termatain's bodyguard, without anyone thinking it suspicious that Lunars were roaming around Telmori tribal lands).

4) Are we sure that the Telmori that fought against Argrath were actually Sartarite Telmori, and not another tribe/pack, already converts to the Lunar Way? Sartarite's may not have known that Telmori existed outside their kingdom, and so assumed the Lunar Telmori were actually Sartarite Telmori rebelling against their rightful king. Or, if they did know, pretending they didn't so as to have an excuse to take punative action against the Telmori.

5) Any of the above may also be partially true, with some of the Sartarite Telmori fighting on each side of the battle, again, the Orlanthi predjudice leads to us seeing them only on "the enemy" side of the battle.

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |