Scritha valley (cont.)

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:39:59 +0100

Peter Metcalfe:
> The Native Farmers of the Scritha are your average ignorant
> peasants and are described in RoC p23. Even Brolian
> savages would feel more sophisticated compared to them.
I suppose this is what other people think about the oasis people. IMO there must be more to them then this. Your discourse is a lot like our European discourse about so called primitives (like the bushmen of the Kalahari, pigmees, etc.). An informed and unbiased look at those peoples reveals they are very sofisticated. In my Scritha campaign I will follow this thread. The oasis people will be sofisticated in their own terms. After all, they survived since the golden age in an hostile world. They must have some unacknowledged strenghs.

And, as Joerg said:
>Even if the Indagos lands are inhabited by Oasis people they
> had been exposed to Pavic culture (in addition to nomad
> oppression) for quite a while, and aren't necessarily as featureless
> as their more isolated brethren at the western oases.
> And even those may be able to surprise you with hidden left-overs
> from former times.

I will have to sort out which are those 'hidden left-overs', if - of course - - nobody in the Digest can provide me with guidance.

Sergio