Re: Scritha Valley

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:37:39 +0100

Peter Metcalfe:
> Indagos would have a population of 400-500 [skip]
> It's walled with stone and the buildings are adobe mudbrick.
I suppose that the stone walls are quite recent, resulting from the construction of New Pavis. It seems unlikely that the nomads would allow the oasis people to keep a defended town right in the middle of the best road between Prax and the Wastes. And the oasis people would not have the strengh or the skill to keep it. So, my question is: can I assume that Sir Indagos ordered the construction of the stone walls in the end of the 1500's or the begining of the 1600's? (That would mean that I can use New Pavis for inspiration in designing Indagos.)

Sergio