RE: Contraception & Fertility

From: LORDBACBUC <LORDBACBUC_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:49:44 EDT

FROM: Julian Lord.

Ph. Hibbs
= This is a very sophisticated and well-informed opinion that many primitive
societies would not be aware of. Some may not even have made the link between sex and pregnancy.

     Well, from a MGF point of view, it sounds like a great idea. (?) Let's have Gloranthan scenarii set in some hairy, smelly tribe up North, whose members are so THICK that they haven't even worked out the basic facts of life and death. (Remember, even _Baboons_ are brainier than these guys: Baboons have _Ancestor_ Worship -- so THEY know how and where they got in, and out again ..)

     These guys would survive on grubs, and raw meat hunted using heavy bones, or pointy rocks. They'd have NO technology whatsoever, and NO magic (unless they get a couple of freebies from some demon supporting them for his own amusement), and be periodically enslaved by neighbouring clans.

    You really think so?
    Well, conceivably a handful of Tiny, EXTREMELY isolated peoples in Glorantha _might_ exist in the ignorance you're suggesting (hello, Syndic's Ban?), so let's admit 'em into our world, just so we can get a shot of MGF out of describing their playful antics when they encounter our players in a short cameo adventure.

    And let's boot 'em out again right afterwards, 'cos let's face it, it don't work ...

    And while we're discussing their state of sexual ignorance, their women have never discovered the link between the blood that comes out from between their legs once a week (I hope this isn't too infantile for the Digest? If so, Hey! Feel free to engage ridicule mode!) and the Red Thing up in the Sky.

   Or, once in a Blue Moon, more likely. (Anyone for the Invisible Blue Horde of Lunar Baby-Killer Assassins, taking monthly revenge against the mortal races who blasted the Blue Moon out of the Sky? And what is it, exactly, about male seed that can fight these evil spirits?)

   Or, maybe sex and pregnancy are only *tangentially* linked. Pregnancy is NOT caused by sex; Women have the inherent magical power of producing babies. The Blue Horde destroys this power, and the sexes were invented by Uleria as a means for some People (Males) to produce offspring (a horde of sperm) which could fight the Blue Horde and protect the magic of the others (Females) from this horrible attack. (Hey! This sounds like a Uleria HeroQuest for helping infertile people conceive ... )

   The Males would have had to do something to their own Fertility to perform this trick, and they sound like pretty a pretty noble-minded lot to me.

                                                                   lots of
love                             Julian