defending my corner

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 21:24:36 +0100

Hope I'm not getting paranoid, but I get the feeling I've now got to defend my position

>>The problem is that ....
>> the final offer (more than 150$ was beyond any logic for me.
>- -..
>>Knowing that the best offer after us was up tu 150$

Would you rather have Pavis or an Unlimited Mox from Magic (about the same $ value)

Three things here to note, firstly you didn't know about this bid until AFTER I'd accepted yours, secondly it was the highest bid, but I felt that the BEST bid was to go to the French collective and thirdly it was mentioned in confidence after the deadline on the condition that it didn't get put onto the digest (for reasons which I feel should be obvious).

I'd therefore now like to give my apologies to Raku Ten for not accepting his bid on Pavis (which he may feel rightly aggrieved about), although he did get the other two AND my copy of Cults of Prax also, but I felt that the correct thing to do in this situation, rather than to take the money and run was to be of help to the Frenchies out (as us Brits have done in the past ;) ).

To this end I want to ask people out there if they can help Raku Ten find the following:

Pavis
Borderlands
Cults of Terror
Trolls & Trollkin
Militia & Mercenaries

>Auction gives an advantage to the seller and it disadvantages the bidders
>(especially because it makes cooperation between the bidders quite
>difficult to occur).

Which is why I said best bid by Friday, I didn't post any ongoing bids up and potentially they could have been sold relatively cheaply if everyone put in low bids.
As an aside, ask Mr Suitcase about his ten year old boy at an auction story. I deliberately went out of my way to Do The Right Thing, so why should I feel that I'm being slated for what people offer for the RQ2 I decided to sell? It's not my fault they're so damn expensive.