RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #533

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:40:34 +0100

>I hope you'll agree that fewer childhood
>deaths does indeed lead to more adults.

When I said that this was a sophisticated *opinion*, I did not mean to infer that I disagreed! However, when we are comparing reality with fantasy, our "known facts" may not be true in the other environment. Of course, they may still apply, but likely for different reasons. For example, eating lemons may prevent scurvy, but it's nothing to do with vitamin deficiency, it wards against scurvy spirits, like garlic against vampires.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phibbs A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths, a statistic