The Crater

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:48:41 +1200 (NZST)

David Clegg:

[upon the Red Moon}

Me>>1. "It Was Destroyed. Everyone knows that it was destroyed. It
>>broke and fell from the sky. That is where the Crater comes from: its
>>impact site."

>What if this is the same crater that already exists during the hero
>wars? Zin could be mistaken about the origin of the crater.

It probably is. But then again, according to what I heard in Seattle, the recieved story about the origins of the Crater could be Lunar propaganda.

>We all
>know that a crater was created when the Moon was built. Could Zin be
>wrong? - perhaps the moon didn't fall from the sky at all. Maybe it
>became the white moon, or became invisible.

Zin is not wrong. He is describing _a_ theory on the disappearance of the Red Moon. Other theories listed by him include the Moon being a dream, a transformation into the white orbiter, a metaphor of the ancients and so forth. I merely mentioned the above theory because he cited the existance of physical fragments of the red moon as support for it. This was in response to somebody else had wondered whether such fragments existed.