Re: Cradle question

From: Tony Likhite <tlikhite_at_together.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:38:51 +0000

> Anyway, one question: What exactly happened to Pinchining? The defenses
> were up, then they were gone, and so was Pinchining. But Garrath brought
> him back on a Gold Wheel (I assume) - so where had that Wheel been
> before (on the cradle) and where did it go to? Do we know this or is it
> a mystery?

Also, where did Pinchining come from in the first place? I vaguely recall something about Urrrggh the Ugly praying to his hoard of gold wheels during a Heroquest with the Temple of the Wooden Sword, and (upon rolling an 01 :) getting a special result. Was the special result the awakening of Pinchining? I thought Gold Wheel Dancers were believed to be extinct before he showed up, which is why there were no cradles for so long.

My copy of the Cradle is out on loan, and I can't remember exactly how Pinchining was temporarily gotten rid of. I think the Lunars banished him back to the hero plane, requiring a Heroquest to get him back (a relatively easy one this time, since he'd already been resurrected/reestablished before by Urrrggh). Argrath/Garrath could've learned about the ritual from Gonn Orta (?).

Speculatively yours,