Argrath matters

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:15:29 +1200 (NZST)

Jane Williams:

>(There's a thought - how did Jarosar die? "Fell to poison from a
>friend's hand." Hmmm.)

He's also alleged to have been killed by Lunar Spirits according to the King List in the Genertela Boxed Set which puts him equal with Terasarin in the multiple-choice deaths.

>The
>description of Argrath killing Telmori in the Saga (KoS27) is
>suspiciously similar to Jomes in 1607 (KoS143).

How do you get the similarity? Argrath uses magicians and priests to hunt down the Telmori whereas Jomes uses Peltasts to fight them.

>Oh, and did you all spot Argrath in 1627 (having just missed the Flame)
>asking Leika's permission to import a bunch of his supporters from Pavis
>to the Colymar lands?

The event is said to have occured early in his reign (KoS p213) and Minaryth Blue confirms this by stating Argrath's election as having occured in 1631 and his acceptance into the Colymar in 1632. Thus I think the 1627 date implausible.