Pamaltelan reptilians; Heler

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:04:07 -0800

I'm starting an Umathelan campaign, and when I mentioned the lascerdans, a player wondered if they were slarges. (BTW, if you're asking yourself, "What's a lascerdan?" see
<http://www.glorantha.com/library/world/umathela.html>.)

I think they're separate (the lascerdans are extinct), but I'm not quite sure what the distinction is. After all, both are sentient reptilians. Are slarges more carnivorous and lascerdans vegetarians? Is it a desert/river distinction? (There's probably no hard info on this, but I'm looking for an easy distinction that won't make biologists cringe.)

Julian Lord wrote

> [Heler] was a leader of the invasion of the lands

In the draft of Belintar's Book which I saw months ago, Heler led the invasion of Umathela, though my recollection is he did so as an air god and not a water god. His rams were certainly involved, and if I recall, he married a native goddess and their children continued the conquest, and everyone had a great time.