Heler, Yelmic types, and serpents.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 02:06:10 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham, quoting Simon Phipp (whose employer nearly squished me with a truck today -- an everyday tale of Cork cycling folk):

> > Someone on the Digest mentioned that Heler was created when Yelm
> > fought with the Water Serpent (can't remember its name). ... [I]
> > had never heard of the Shargrash/Oslira version.

> I suspect you're misremembering the story (which Greg read in Victoria). It
> was Shargash who fought against the mother of waters.

I hadn't heard of this story until it was mentioned in recent days, but there's also a story in GRAY where Murharzarm defeats a Serpent, who thereafter becomes Oslira. Don't know of a direct Heler connection for this version, however.

Slainte,
Alex.