Cradle mutters

From: Tony Likhite <tlikhite_at_together.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 01:01:17 +0000

Peter Metcalfe writes:

>I don't think it was a very tough quest. Notice how sensitive
>Garrath is when he leaves the cradle?

- - . .
>Any *real* Orlanthi who has just been called a coward would IMO
>smite the dog who slurred him thus. By claiming that he will
>remember the insult and that what he is doing is 'beyond the
>understanding of the foolish', one is left with the nasty suspicion
>that the charge has hit home. IMO Argrath's HQ to retrieve P. was
>dead easy while the PCs were busy dying the decks of the Cradle
>with their lifeblood.

That might be reading too much into it. Just because he doesn't thrash everyone who gives him lip doesn't mean he's slacking. He must realize that he needs every ally he can get on the Cradle, whether he likes them or not (and vice versa). Besides, as he says, he'll remember them later. . . He probably doesn't want to waste energy and manpower BEFORE floating the boat downriver.

Where was the Urrrggh reference from? I can't remember where I read it, and I apparently didn't make it up :)

Just defending my favorite hero (bar Onslaught, of course),