Six Stones, etc.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 09:10:19 +0100

Six Stones

IIRC, the *real* Six Stones are in the Underworld. You can get to them by doing the Six Stones HQ Ritual from any convenient six-stoned site. So there needn't only be Six Stones at one location in Sartar -- I could see a case for having regional six-stoned sites wherever the ritual is known. Many days' travel apart, of course -- it takes a lot of work to make a proper megalithic site, and you don't need to do this ritual *every* week...

Given that we all hate Argrath (don't we?), I find Peter's suggestion that the Pinchining-Quest was a stroll in the park compared to the Defence of the Cradle wonderfully attractive. Yur!

Jeff writes:

> To be honest,

(He is a lawyer; he needs to highlight these rare instances :-)

> many Sartarites who participated in Starbrow's Rebellion were more
> willing to accept Temertain as Prince than Kallyr.

Hurrah! Long Live the King!

> Granted he later turned out to be a rather big disappointment...

I hereby commission my mate Neil to drive a hefty and vitriol-charged quill pen through your pustulent heart. (I can't be having it: these jealous alter-egos...)

Part of Temertain's problem was that when he *did* rely on his own power and cunning, he turned out not to have any. (Outside academic circles, that is -- he was a justly-feared debater in the Seapolis Grey Sages' Temple).

Joerg writes:

> Lunar propaganda makes Tatius the most successful warleader of the last
> two wanes - who else has been known to crush the enemy god so decisively?

Indeed, the Final Defeat of Orlanth by Tatius the Bright has been announced so often that it's in danger of turning into the "And finally..." cute puppy story of Imperial proclamations.

Alex writes:

> Murharzarm defeats a Serpent, who thereafter becomes Oslira. Don't know
of
> a direct Heler connection for this version, however.

Heler would be Oslira, if you wanted to mythinterpret this as a Heler story.

Tony asks:

> Where was the Urrrggh reference from? I can't remember where I read it,
> and I apparently didn't make it up :)

"Alebard's Quest", last reprinted in Tales #5. Urrrrrrrgggggggh is on the Cradle, too.

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>