A couple of things:

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 00:18:46 GMT

Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com> he say:
> Argrath was ruthless, cunning and ambitious; popular with his followers;
> and an incredibly successful warleader. How can you say he was a fraud? A
> scheming, manipulative, ruthless bastard perhaps (but what successful king
> wasn't?),

Sartar.

> but a fraud? Go back to God Forgot and study Brithini iron
> statutary!

Jane Williams" <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk> she say:

> Mike Cule:
>
> > She failed in the Lightbringer's Quest after all. (And a question: who
> > was she trying to bring back?)
> She failed according to Denseros the Unbiased, who obviously totally
> misunderstood the objective of an LBQ in any case. As to who she was
> trying to bring back: Sartar, of course.

Yes! Good! I've had people giving my party messages as they encounter them along the way. "The Trolls of Argan Argar say The Only Old One." "The Illuminated Sages say The Pharoh", "The Ducks say Our Mother", "The Centaurs say The Wild Lady". The party have the horrid feeling of Fate being pointed at their heads. (Again.)

But that's who she needs. The Changer.

> > In my game the players have finally found Kallyr Starbrow in Geo's
> > Hidden Inn. They are about to present their copy of KING OF SARTAR
> > (fallen through from the Fourth Age) to her. And probably fuck the
> > timeline up enormously.
> This sounds wonderful, and I wish I was playing. Show her the list of her
> companions, and watch her ask who all these people are! (And then go and
> find them). As for the Brown Dragon... :))

They first have to figure out a way to translate the damn thing without going bonkers (as the first person who tried it did).

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.