Re: Lacerdans

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:19:09 EDT

Peter Metcalfe:

<< Slarges, my gloranthan beastiary informs me, are also known as Iguana_sapiens_ which implies that they are related to Iguanas. This should be taken with a grain of salt given that not so long ago Sandy denied that Jelmre (_Paralemuroides_secundus_) are related to Lemurs. >>

     To be fair, though, 'Paralemuroides' is not a RW generic name, it just means 'looks a bit like a lemur', which doesn't necessarily imply a direct relationship. Calling something 'Iguana' does imply a relationship with the RW genus of the same name (as in the Shadow Cat being _Felis_umbrosus_). Having said that, somebody may have changed their mind since...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky