Too many feathered queens

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 98 06:54 MET DST

>1. Do not include large sections of a message in your reply. Especially
> not to add "Yeah, I agree" or "No, I disagree." Or be excoriated.

Oh, well, so I'll have to expound.

Peter Metcalfe

>There are two feathered queens in Dragon Pass. One is the Feathered
>Horse Queen whereas the other is the Feathered Queen of the Kerofini
>Temple.

The only source for a hypothetical "Feathered Queen of the Kerofini Temple" not identical to the Feathered Horse Queen is the oh so reliable Tarshite section of CHDP, which gives about the most badly attributed information per word count in all of KoS (except the "Conclusion" about the identity of Argrath's mother).

>I don't think that Argrath having married the FHQ in 1629
>would need to marry her again (even your theory states that he embezzled
>the benefits from the first marriage so why bother with the second).
>Hence I assume that he married the Feathered Queen of the Kerofini Temple
>a few years later rather than having him marry the FHQ twice.

The Kerofini Temple may very well be identical to Queen's Post, since the Grazers live in Kerofinela...

IMO the entire "evidence" for a separate "Feathered Queen of the Kerofini Temple" is due to bad rendition of a badly researched source.

For instance: The Wyrm's Footnotes text about Fazzur <http://www.glorantha.com/library/eurmal/personalities-fazzur.html> tells us that during his demotion (between 1605 and 1610) Fazzur's brother-in-law (married to his sister) succeeded his older brother as King of Tarsh. CHDP has Moirades' son follow the only son of King Phargentes. Question: Could it be that the brother to succeed Phargentes' son was a half-brother related only on the maternal side)? If so, how did he fulfil the dynastic (Illaro/Hon-eel and Red Emperor) tradition of Tarsh?

IMO, the Moirades section and all references to it in the Phargentes and Pharandros section is wrong in many details. The "Feathered Queen of the Kerofini Temple" is just one of many cases...

>>Does it make sense, BTW, that Garrath was part of the team, and that for
>>him this was a practise run for his own LBQ?

>There is something John Hughes pointed out sometime ago. Compare
>Kallyr's list of companions (KoS p235) with the officers of Umath's
>Camp (KoS p61) and you'll see that one position is missing from
>Kallyr's companions. A possible name of the missing companion is?

The guy in possession of the Giants' Drinking Cauldron (quest)? See Genertela Book (p.90).