Minor musings

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 19:34:15 +1200 (NZST)

Christopher Luehr:

>While thinking over an idea for an adventure, I came to the
>suggestion, that the Spiritplane as described in the rulebook is
>rather boring.

That is the God Learner view. Most cultures have special initiations that make the view a bit more interesting.

>What if the ghosts and spirits have an society in the
>spiritplane. There are stronger ghosts and weaker ghosts, why
>shouldn't the stronger ghosts conquer the weaker ghosts.

There's no need to create such a society as IMO it mimics the local human (or sapient) societies.

Sandy Petersen:

>For what it's worth, my own mental image of a Lascerdan is that of a
>large basiliscus (the Neotropical reptile, not the mythical monster),
>also known as the Jesus Christ lizard.

To clarify, this is because of its habit of walking (or running to be more precise) on water.