Re: Hyalorings, Berenethtelli and Resurrection

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:55:51 +1000 (EST)

> >IMG I like to keep the number of - successful - resurrections per year
> >at less than 100 all over Old Sartar, making it a noteworthy news-item,
> >much like a case of murder or a serious car accident nowadays.
>
> Actually, I suspect that it is a LOT less than that. Perhaps more like
> three or four resurrections per year, if that. Any resurrection is BIG
> news.

Given that the number of Chalana Arroy rune priestesses is likely to me more than this over all Sartar (not to mention acolytes!), I see no reason bar that's the way you would like it to be, for such a low number... statistics would IMG and IMHO indicate a much higher number. Of course, one of the stipulations of those getting the service may be that it isn't generally advertised. It is only known for cases where many people saw the death, and the victim taken to the CA 'temple'. Let's have CA use the 'high level of mana generation' in Glorantha for their ultimate purpose: the success of life over death. After all, its a 3pt spell reusable in RQ. Are you saying that there are also only 3-4 castings of sever spirit per year in the area? or 3-4 sunspears? 3-4 large sylphs (RQII) summoned? Not in my game anyhow. It would take it well below MGF - minimum game fun! 100 noteworthy and well reported examples I can handle though...

Robert McArthur