Male slaves

From: Neil Smith <neil.smith_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:23:59 +0000

Sergio asks:

> Why do nomads need male slaves?

Prestige.

I presume we're talking about Praxians. I think most captured men are sold back to their clan, or simply killed. However, slaves have a status about the same as herd-beasts, so capturing and enslaving a powerful enemy, making them one of your "captured beasts", would have enormous benefits for your standing in the clan and tribe. It would count as a lot more coup than simply hitting them, or even scalping them.

There's also MGF benefits for making the capture of enemies a normal event.

Neil.

Neil Smith                      email: neil.smith_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
CISMG, Cranfield University,                    phone: +44 1793 785900
RMCS, Shrivenham, Swindon, SN6 8LA, UK            fax: +44 1793 782753