The Sealing of Pavis

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:21:51 +1200 (NZST)

Sergio Mascarenhas:

Me>> I think the Uz had special magics which screwed up anybody trying to
>> enter or leave Pavis by Otherworldly means...

>Maybe, but IMO one of the main reasons why nobody entered Pavis for some
>centuries was that there was nobody interested in doing it.

Not so. The nomads attempted to enter Pavis during the Troll Domination but a particularly nasty curse put paid to their aspirations. There was also a sizable population near Pavis since 1492 that was unable to enter the rubble until the 'newts dream.

>But, from the POV of the nomads, it would be senseless to attempt to
>enter Pavis: why open a wasp's nest when *they* succeded to close it?

They didn't want to close it down. They wanted to _loot_ it.