Feathered Queens

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:35:47 +1200 (NZST)

Jane Williams:

On the Feathered Queen of the Kerofini Temple.

>So would you say she's a Sky priestess (birds being associated
>with Sky), or an Air priestess (birds being somewhat famous for using the
>stuff for flying)?

She's a mountain priestess.

>And if she isn't an earth priestess, does she have sovereignty to
>bestow? If not, why did her marry her?

I don't see the need for the Baumgarteresque equation of only earth priestesses can bestow sovereignity. She represents the Goddess of the most physically impressive landmark in Dragon Pass.

>> Marriage by Proxy is not even known to most Orlanthi (cf the Report of
>> the Orlanthi) and I doubt it would be well known among the Grazers.

>It's known in Tarsh, surely? Marriage of infants is tricky without it.
>But it wouldn't be common.

I've always assumed that the kids (they are something like ten years or so when they marry) were capable of consumating the marriage by themselves.