Compromise & Chaos

From: JeffJErwin <JeffJErwin_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:57:48 EDT

Richard Develyn wrote:

<<One other question. The great compromise was put together to fight chaos - - - so does that mean that Chaos gods are not bound by it?>>

I believe that the Chaos gods are bound by it. That's how I read the Mallia write-up in Lords of Terror, anyway. The definition of a Compromise-bound god, IMO, is one who interacts through his or her cult from the Godplane. A creature, such as Wakboth, that is not bound by the GC is -actually waking the earth!-.
Before the Dawn, one could actually visit Orlanth's stead, for instance, by walking or climbing there. Now one must pass into the mythic realm to accomplish it. The hallmark of a GC bound god would be rune spells and an active cult which is the principal center of the god's power.* The Crimson Bat, Nysalor and pre-Moon Rufelza were not bound, because they lived in mortal Glorantha as living beings.

Jeff Erwin