Re: dice again

From: Ian Thomson <ithomson_at_swin.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:46:23 +0000

Simon Hibbs says:

"To me, time spent rolling dice, looking up tables and calculating results would be better spent creating lurid descriptions of swashbuckling action, taunting my foes and urging on my allies to more heroic efforts. I'd rather spend my time creating devious strategems and tactics to surprise or defeat my foes, rather than poring through dense texts full of dry game mechanical tricks and legalistic loopholes."

Using dice isn't incompatible with game fluidity It mainly requires that you write out and keep handy your own VERY user friendly and VERY quick reference tables for things, and once players have got used to rolling it goes quickly using the charcater sheet too

Don't equate all dice users with rabid rule-book fanatics :)