Re: Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #547

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:06:34 +0100

Rodney Smith:
> When I run, I'm not a bookie, I'm a storyteller/movie director/maestro.I
> refuse to entrust my joint creation (with the players) to be dictated by
> the toss of dice...I allow it to follow it's own appropriate logic, as
> dictated by motivations of the PC's and the mythic stories that lie
> within THEM (both the player and his PC.)

On the other way... I suppose that your imagination has it's limits. Mine has. Sometimes I can think of a set of possible alternatives for a given game situation. Maybe I can figure out which I would prefer. If I was writing a book, that would be the alternative to choose. But in a game, it may be more fair to define the likelyhood of the different alternatives and just give it up to chance to decide which will happen. After all, the players can also figure out that set of possibilities, and they may think unfair to be forced a certain alternative instead of another.

Sergio