Re: healers & resurrection; Compromise

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:48:53 +0100

David Dunham says :

>Simon Hibbs's numerical analysis, I'm not convinced 1 in 20 priests are

>Healers -- it's probably even less. His numbers suggest one Healer per
>clan, and I've already said that's too many, that it's more likely one
per
>tribe.

I'm not wedded to those numbers, I just wanted to get a feel for the assumptions we would have to make to get a realistic figure. Whatever the average you get though, they won't be evenly spread throughout the clans and tribes. They're likely to congregate round holy sites, temples, etc.

>> as a referee I am fed up with pounding reticent PCs into
>> near-death, only to see them jump up and tackle the next enemy after
>> couple of healings
>
>One of the advantages of PenDragon Pass's "one healing per wound" rule
>(plus the Major Wounds of Pendragon).

I make people roll on their First Aid roll to successfuly cast healing spells. They can use ceremony with it though.

Simon Hibbs

P.S. You may well get enemies of the slain sending spirits to chase off healers. How about having the slain enemies of the deceased from the same battle haunting the body?