Healing

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 20:56:17 +0000

Joerg laments:
> Well, as a referee I am fed up with pounding reticent PCs into
> near-death, only to see them jump up and tackle the next enemy after a
> couple of healings.

I know the feeling. So, admittedly in a non-Gloranthan universe, but in a scenario that would translate, I sent them into a cave after some trollkin equivalents. Easy! Except that with the trollkin was a shaman-type. He had no offensive spells ("command rabbit"?), he had no combat skills. He had Heal 10, Reflection, some sort of Dark spell, and a lot of magic point storage.

After a few rounds of being backstabbed by trollkin they'd left for dead, who they couldn't see, and having their best offensive magic fry their own mage, they ran away screaming.

Just remember that everything works both ways!

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/