Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #556

From: allen wallace <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

Several topics

David Dunham

You mentioned selling slaves to the Morokanth. Am I reading too much into this or are you hinting that in your game the Morokanth man herds aren't animals (fixed Int)?

On dice,

  Frankly I haven't seen a better way to add risk to a game, and without some risk the gains don't seem to matter much. The dice aren't gods, and they don't write the story. Intellegent planning on the players part can greatly minimize the risk, but the risk is still there. On the flip, if an action is impossible in Shehallalecyn, like a mortal slaying the Wargod Fiar, no dice roll is going to make it happen. It's a balancing act. Since I have never had a campaign go the direction I had intended I can't really comment on that. The last campaign I ran had a noted absence of Heroes, the good guys were mostly gutless. The bad guys won. The campaign I'm getting ready to kick off will have to deal with the aftermath.

On healing,

  In my game wounds get a chance to resist healing.

                                Allen